Friday, September 10, 2010

All you need is love

Two of my friends are getting married tomorrow!!

I cannot express my excitement. I'm sure to take some photos in between tears and glasses of wine that I'll put up as soon as I can (ie. when the hangover recedes). However, to give you a little taste of Ashley and Mike, below are some engagement shots I took of them last year. I can't believe how quickly times goes by - the day is finally here!

Now I'm sure at least some of you are thinking "They're getting married on September 11th?! (collar pull) It should be a day of mourning, not celebration!"

But you know what? I think it's time to start putting a little love into September 11th again. We should, of course, never forget the many lives that were lost or those who lost loved ones on this day in 2001. It was tragic and horrible and the memory of it will last forever. But maybe it's time to start viewing this day with a little hope, a little love and, yes, a little celebration.

So we'll be celebrating tomorrow. We'll celebrate the beautiful union of two amazing people as they start their lives together; we'll celebrate friendships of 5, 10, even 20 years!; and we'll celebrate life and health and love.

Here's to Ashley and Mike! It's going to be a wonderful day.







No comments:

Post a Comment